Monday, January 18, 2010

don't break my heart again



every time i hear this song i can't help but think of the night we danced to it. it was the first time you ever really danced with me and it was in the living room of our apartment. i sang the words to you and you held me tight and hugged me with the biggest smile on your face. i had just ran up three flights of stairs with my heels in my hands on a january night around midnight. you opened the door for me and i immediately hugged you as hard as i could.

i had no jacket on, no shoes, and was wearing a short dress with no sleeves. it was 31 degrees outside and when i held you i immediately felt warm. you were the only thing on my mind all night and i couldn't bear the thought of not seeing you that night and telling you how much i loved you and holding you.

this was the best song i've ever danced to anyone with. he's not a good dancer at all, but he still danced with me. and i never want to let him go. i never want to break his heart again.

"don't break my heart again,
we're one in the same.
baptized by tears,
and washed in the blame.
you can let your heart go,
but i will hunt you down.
your love is all i want to win,
don't break my heart again."

No comments:

Post a Comment